Definition

Travel [a journey, especially to a distant or unfamiliar place]
+
Velleity [a slight wish or tendency: inclination]

19 December 2010

Lunapics

The best I could manage in 2003- shots with anything else in the sky washed out the moon!
This year the winter solstice will get a bonus- a total lunar eclipse visible in the entire continental US [@ 1:40 AM Central Tuesday morning]. While the Chicago forecast is cloudy/snowy, I can't say I was planning on staying up for it. It did force me to track down some photos I took while in Rome during a total lunar eclipse in 2003. I had many blurry shots of a reddening moon, but the better pictures that evening were from the quiet streets of Roma. Enjoy, and hope you have a good Christmas Week!

The Spanish Steps- minus the typical crowds
Above Piazza del Popolo- with San Pietro distant
From Piazza del Popolo looking down the main-drag Via del Corso

No comments:

Post a Comment