Definition

Travel [a journey, especially to a distant or unfamiliar place]
+
Velleity [a slight wish or tendency: inclination]

02 August 2010

Summer Stretch

Having [another] mostly work-free summer can give you a lot to think about:

Stuff like the outrageously corrupt politicians of Illinois or The Universe...


But here's a file I came across my computer last week. I had assembled all the SPQR-related pics from one of my return trips to Rome [when my sister was studying there] and combined them into one poster-sized collage which hangs above my desk. FYI 'SPQR' is from Roman times, when monuments were dedicated by 'Senatvs Popvlvs Qve Romanvs': by the Senate and People of Rome. Nowadays it can be found on Rome's manhole covers and lightposts. [Click to Enlarge]







1 comment:

  1. I love this poster. It looks great in Kmatt's apartment!

    ReplyDelete