Definition

Travel [a journey, especially to a distant or unfamiliar place]
+
Velleity [a slight wish or tendency: inclination]

18 November 2010

Booked: The Deathly Hallows

Given that Part I of Harry Potter VII debuts in theaters this evening, I figured I'd dig up my year-old GoodReads book review of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. FYI, some minor spoilers below. Looking back, the series definitely improved as time went on. It seems the same has happened with the movies, and although I won't be seeing the midnight release or anything, I plan on catching HP7 sometime soon... Thanksgiving is only a week away. And I will never tire of imitating Dobby's overly-englishy "Harry Potter?!"


- August 2009 -


Yes, I agree it may have been a little wordy at a lot of points, and that it may be a nightmare for the screenwriters to adapt it without tens of minutes of pure dialogue onscreen, but I'm still giving it the max [5/5 stars]. 

I hope ABC's LOST has as many "Oh now I see" moments in its final season as HP#7 did. Many storylines and half-mentioned earlier hints are tied up and packaged working towards Harry & Voldemort's final confrontation(s). Harry got to call in a lot of favors due to being the modest and thoughtful boy he was in the previous 6 [thanks Wormy & Dobby], and now in 7 he grows up as he has to actively choose the ultimate sacrifice. It probably could have been a smoother read, but I'm not complaining about spending a little extra time in wizarding world. 

Kind of makes me want to start the series over and read-between-the-lines knowing the fates of Harry, Snape, and Dumbledore... but I'll save that for another summer, methinks.



No comments:

Post a Comment